The 5468 is a Mikado P-2k class locomotive with a wheel classification of 2-8-2. It was built as an oil burner by Montreal Locomotive Works in 1948 specifically for this area. Retired in 1954, the locomotive was stored in Delson, Quebec until brought home to Revelstoke in 1993 as a feature exhibit of this museum. The 5468 is only one of three left in its class.
Photo Credit: Aaron Orlando
Business car #4 was built in 1929 as a solarium lounge car named the "River Humber". In 1941 it was redesigned as a cape car named the "Cape Ray". In 1963 it became a business car for CPR employees and was used by the Division Superintendent for Revelstoke until 1992. Visitors are welcome to tour the interior. A full restoration is anticipated.
Outdoor Rolling Stock
The museum also has a variety of rolling stock on display in our David W. Johnson Yard. Guests are encouraged to tour the outdoor exhibits as weather permits.